Two former human resources marketing executives have recently published a line of very creative career mentoring guide books that can satisfy multi-dimensional objectives of neighborhood mentoring programs. The guide books contain valuable content and make mentoring fun for volunteers and the kids they hope to reach.
Titled, CareerWise: Grow Up. Get a Job, the colorful and easy-to-use guide books help mentors and kids of all ages explore the many possible answers to the important question “What do you want to be when you grow up?”
They also provide practical information about the working world and the many exciting options that exist no matter a child’s background, skill level or education. At the same time, they help develop reading, vocabulary, presentation and job hunting skills and help adults stress the importance of staying in school and the connection between strong values and achieving dreams in life.
· entertaining and valuable activities that mentors and kids can do together to uncover motivating interests, talents and dreams;
· a charming fairy tale, Sophie & Her Fairy Godmentor that excites kids about their life choices and all the adults who are ready to help them succeed;
· Basic work-world vocabulary words (in English and Spanish) that provoke valuable discussions about the benefits of having a job and how kids can get the most out of one;
· Practical tips and advice about how to behave and what to expect in the workplace;
· 1001 job titles in every industry to explore and consider.
Materials can be reviewed at. www.GetCareerWise.com